Peer-reviewed academic journal
Art History & Criticism is a scholarly journal specialising in the academic research and reviews in the fields of art history, criticism, and cultural heritage.
THIS MAGAZINE IS PLACED IN MLA INTERNATIONAL BIBLIOGRAPHY DATABASE, ARTICLES WITH ENTIRE TEXT ARE PLACED IN VYTAUTAS MAGNUS UNIVERSITY AND eELABa DATABASE INTERNET PAGE.
A GUIDE FOR AUTHORS
– Articles should include a delineation of the scholarly problem with reference to why it is relevant and what has been done in the field so far; a well defined object of research; aims and objectives of the text; presentation of the results of research and conclusions; list of references and bibliography. The summary should briefly present the issue and conclusions of the article in English, French or German. If the article is written in non-Lithuanian language it should include summary in Lithuanian or English.
– The text of the article should be presented as follows: author’s first name and surname; the title; the introduction; results of the research; the conclusions; list of references or/and bibliography; the summary; the list of illustrations. The name of the institution of the author, the first name and surname of the author, the degree and the e-mail should be indicated at the end of the text.
– The article should not exceed the limit of one printer’s sheet (40 000 characters with spaces); the length of the summary should be approximately 0,5 – 1 page (1000-2000 characters). Text should be processed with Microsoft Word (6.0/95, 97, 2000 or 2002) or Microsoft Office 2003 and typeset in 12 point Times New Roman with line spacing 1,5. The paste-up should fit paper size A4 with following margins: top – 2 cm, bottom – 1,5 cm, left – 3 cm, right – 1,5 cm.
– The author should deliver the editors one copy of the article and all the additions, typeset by computer and printed on the one side of A4 size paper sheet with laser printer and an electronic record on a CD or a floppy disc. The illustrations should be of a high quality and printed. Each illustration should contain the author’s name, the title of the work of art, and a number of the figure.
– All papers published in the journal are peer-reviewed by members of Editorial Board or its appointed experts.